December 05, 2008

Yeah. Like when they turn 30!

My boys are only 8 months old. I obviously do not expect them to understand what I am trying to do for them by writing this blog. They won't get it when they turn 10, they probably won't like it when they are in their teens, and they will have more important things to worry about when they turn 21. I know that is how it will go and it doesn't hurt my feelings.

I am not writing this for now, but rather for later down the line. One day they will want to read it on their own - that's the day I am writing this for. One day they will come to appreciate it on their own - that's the day I am writing this for. One day they will apply what I have taught them to their own lives - that is the day I am writing this for.

That will be one hell of a rewarding day for me as a father, and as I continue to write this blog, it will be one I look forward to with great anticipation.

So like it says at 1001 Rules for my Unborn Son, "Let's get some things straight before I get old and uncool."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails